Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm a software snob

As much as I would love to know all the in's and out's of CS3, I'm a Photoshop Elements user. It's much easier to use and has many of the same capabilities at CS3. Currently, I have PSE 5 loaded on my home computer but I used PSE 6 at the CPR retreat and fell in love. PSE 7 is now available and already on order via my wonderful mother.

Last night after finally getting the boys to fall asleep, I wasn't ready to fall into bed yet. I really wanted to download all of my CPR pictures to post today but suddenly realized....I only have PSE 5 on my computer. Knowing all the fabulous things PSE 6 and 7 have to offer (like the ability to edit a JPEG in RAW), there was no way I was downloading my pictures to version 5!

I quickly pulled up the Adobe website and started to download the PSE 6 30-day trial. I'm sure mom's PSE 7 software will arrive before my trial expires (all of my fingers and toes are crossed). By the time everything downloaded and I had my pictures copied over from version 5 to 6, it was 10pm. I forced myself to go to bed but will be editing away tonight!!

3 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

I totally need to take a class in PSE 5. It's so confusing to me!! My mom gave me tutorials from her school and stuff, but I just don't get it thru my thick skull. I desperately need help!!

Roxanne Schwandt said...

or wait, I think I have PSE 6.... I'll have to check at home. Still, it has me confused.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I have both CS3 and PSE6 (with PSE 7 on the way from Amazon). I like both PS programs for unique reasons. However, PS Elements is far more intuitive and easy to use. My favorite part of CS3 is the ability to apply/record actions. Love it!