Friday, October 17, 2008

When life hands you lemons....

...make lemonade!

Ayden - We took our little man to see a pediatric opthamologist on Tuesday. To make a long story short, he's near sighted with astigmatisms which is why is right eye keeps crossing in. Dr. Greenberg said we brought him in just in time...another 6 months and his eyesight would probably have worsened due to the strain on his eyes. We had Ayden fitted for glasses on Tuesday and the lab technician's jaw dropped when he saw the prescription. Ayden's glasses are going to be so strong that they had to send them out to be made. Luckily, his vision should improve over time as long as he wears his glasses.

Jameson - This little guy has been demonstrating some pretty horrible behavior at Marguerite's during the past couple of weeks. Jameson has always been a handful, but apparently it's gotten worse. We love Marguerite very much but her house does not provide the structure and boundaries that Jameson needs. Jason and I have decided to move him to Royal Learners starting Monday where he will join the "younger three" classroom. Jameson is a very intelligent two year old (he knows his ABC's, numbers up to 10, colors and shapes) but we feel like his speech is slightly delayed. We know this is frustrating to him and is probably one of the reason's why he acts out. We're working with a state funded organization called Babies Can't Wait to have Jameson evaluated to determine if he has any behavioral disorders or if he just needs to work with a speech therapist to strengthen his communication skills. I've been pretty upset all week about this. No one wants to think that there is something "wrong" with their child, but it's something we have to consider. The evaluation won't take place for at least 45 days so Jameson will have plenty of time to adjust to Royal Learners during that time.

I'm almost 8 months pregnant and beyond emotional. After a few days of bawling my eyes out, I've finally realized that everything is going to be just fine. Ayden is going to adapt to his new glasses just fine. How exciting that he'll finally be able to see! Jameson is going to thrive in his new environment. He'll finally be spending his days with kids his own age and with rules just like he has at home. Jason and I truly believe this is exactly what he needs.

Speaking of Jason...he has been my rock this entire week. Calming me down when I needed it. Making me look at things rationally instead of basing things on emotion. And he's handled my tears with ease. The Tyler Perry projects couldn't have come to close at a better time. He's able to focus more on family now when we really need him. My mom has listened to me blubber on the phone all week and she has also calmed me down when I needed it. I know I've said it before, but I truly do have the best support system. I love them all and thank them so much for their patience, love and encouraging words this week!

4 comments:

Deb said...

What are mom's for? And hubby's too!

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

Ohh, I wish I was there. Not that I'd be much help, but I'd cry with you!

Chere said...

Jamie, You never stop worring about your children. We ae still in AZ. with Marlee. The week has gone well and we have had the last two days to do something just for us. Every thing will work out for the best. Jameson is a smart little guy. Maybe he was not challenged enough at his old sitter. Hope Royal Learners is going well. Love and Kisses, Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Roxanne Schwandt said...

Jamie, You are an awesome mommy and Jason is an awesome daddy taking the best care of your children. I can just imagine your emotional rollercoaster with extra-preggo-emotions, but it sure sounds like you guys are making the right moves at the right time to ensure the best outcomes possible for your kids. And they will thank you for it later :) They LOVE YOU!