Wednesday, July 30, 2008

2008 Wisconsin Vacation (Days 1-4)

I love vacations. I love getting away from work and home responsibilities so we can spend some quality time together as a family. But let's face it...vacationing with two small children while pregnant isn't exactly relaxing. We had a fantastic time in Wisconsin seeing so many friends and family but now that we're home, the exhaustion is settling in.

We started our vacation on Saturday, July 19th. After crossing just about every item off of my 10 page list, I announced that we were ready to head to the airport. So my mom picked up my family of 4, 3 suite cases and 2 car seats and we were off. The kids were relatively behaved in the airport but once we got on the airplane I started to have thoughts of locking myself in the bathroom for the duration of the flight. Once we were in the air, Ayden sat nicely and watched a movie (thank goodness for portable DVD players!) but Jameson was out of control. He wanted to touch every button over our seats. I think the flight attendants were ready to throw us off the plane. It was difficult to keep him from kicking and pushing on the other passenger seats and let's not forget to mention he had horrible gas. There is nowhere to change a diaper on an airplane so I had my fingers crossed that the gas would not turn into poop. I was so excited when our plane landed almost 30 minutes early in Milwaukee.

Daddy and Ayden went to collect our bags and Jameson and I headed to the rental car area. First I got in the wrong line and when I found the right one, it was practically a mile long. Apparently Budget is quite popular. Once we had our car, we had to put in the car seats and stuff our luggage in the trunk. We were ready to make the 1 1/2 hour drive north to Neenah. The first thing both of the boys wanted was a movie. Sorry guys...no DVD player in this car. Luckily we weren't too far into our drive before they both fell asleep. We met up with some family and friends at Ground Round for lunch (I ate waaaaay too much) and then headed to the Payne's for some rest before Jameson's baptism.

So we're all pretty tired from traveling all day but we made it to the church by 5:00 for the baptism. There's a reason I chose the Saturday night service instead of Sunday morning's....no one was there! Have you ever seen a 2 year old get baptized? It's not pretty. Jameson was rolling and crawling all over the alter. He kept lifting my dress up and when it came time to do the "water" part, he looked at the pastor and said "NO, NO, NO" and shook his finger at him. Humiliating, yet so very entertaining. We went to Cranky Pat's for some of the best pizza in the world (the south just doesn't know how to make a good thin crust) and then went to my parent's house for a bath and bed.

We spent Sunday through Tuesday hanging out with Jason's family and some friends. We had dinner at Cory and Wendy's, played at Riverside park, let the boys jump around naked in a fountain, took a few walks and made Mima some pretty stepping stones for her garden. We saw all sorts of aunts, uncles, cousins and great grandparents.

I'll try and get some pictures posted of our first 4 days before we move on to the second half of our vacation...the lake!

2 comments:

Chere said...

Oh Jamie, I really fell so sorry for the poor people in front of you. I would have been livid. Of course Ayden was an angel and Jameson a devil. Is that not life? My sweet little Jameson, God's not finished with him yet. Hurry up Lord. Did you take naked photos? I hope so. Those will be the ones you will pull out for his future wife to see one day. Or maybe even their senior page. How funny that will be. All their buds can comment on their parts. Welcome home, the diva's missed you. Can't wait to see you and baby Diva-ette.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I'm glad you're back home. I've missed you, Jason and the boys!