Monday, July 7, 2008

Ayden's take on the situation

I couldn't wait to pick up the boys and tell Ayden that he was going to have a sister! Because he had just woken up from a nap (he doesn't wake up well), I wasn't exactly greeted with the enthusiasm that I had been expecting. So on our way to get an emission test (one of the downfalls of living in Georgia...emission tests and ad valorum tax), I asked him again....

Me: Ayden! So aren't you super excited that you're going to have a sister?

Ayden: Yes, but of course now I ONLY have a sister.

Me: (not entirely sure what he meant) But Ayden you have a brother too. We're going to keep Jameson.

Ayden: Awwwwwww!

Me: Now you'll have a brother and a sister (said with probably too much enthusiasm).

Ayden: But I thought brother just go away now.

Hmmm. Apparently Jameson grates on his nerves more than I thought. And here I thought they did so well together!

My mom is going to try and scan our latest ultrasound pictures in with her home scanner. Hopefully they turn out better than the attempts at work!

4 comments:

Pam said...

This dialogue cracked me up! Adorable! Looking forward to the name game and seeing the ultrasound. What a happy day!

Marlee said...

That is too funny! I cant wait for the name game!!! Hope all is well!!!

Chere said...

Looking forward to the name game. Love Ayden's thought on getting rid of Jameson. Marlee wanted a sister when Dusty was born. If it was a boy she did not want it. When Dusty was born. She came to the hospital and delcared that she had wanted a sister. Since Dusty was here, she would have to keep him.

Roxanne Schwandt said...

Always, leave it to Ayden to say the craziest things! I was so looking forward to finding out what he was going to say. He's so funny to think brother was going away. crazy kids, they love playing together! You'll have to remind him of this conversation later in life :)