Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wasting Time

orange soda
left over potato skins loaded with cheese and bacon
carrots/celery with blue cheese dressing

Does this make for a healthy lunch? Hey, I skipped the sour cream on the potato skins! I just killed myself at body blast class so I figure I can indulge. Not like I haven't been indulging the entire past 3 months...whether I worked out or not.

I'm bored. I keep waiting for someone to tell us we can go home for the day. We normally get let out early the day before a holiday. I think that all of the people who are allowed to make that decision have already left...little buggers. I was hoping to get to the grocery store before I had to pick up the boys. So I can make this...
and this...

for tomorrow's festivities. Looks pretty good, huh? I've made the flag cake numerous times since finding the recipe in a "Kraft" cookbook. It seems to always be a huge hit. As for the potato salad, I haven't really tweaked that one yet. It's not nearly as good as my mother-in-law's, but I do what I can. Other things on the menu? Green olive burgers and grilled corn on the cob. The olive burgers are doughboy's specialty but ever since he killed them with too much worcheshire sauce, I've taken over. I'll pay more attention to how we make these deliciously yummy burgers this weekend so I can post the recipe. Normally we just dump stuff in.

I guess I can't keep blogging my day away so I'd better find something to keep me occupied until I can finally go home.

3 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

I'm hungry for twiced baked potatoes now!

Deb said...

Yummo! This potato salad recipe is very close to the one I make. You may find the need to add a little more mayonaise, but only if you like it creamy. My mouth is drooling now!
Happy 4th of July!

Chere said...

The cake looks great. Yum, Yum. Hope you and your family have a very happy 4th of July. Miss you at Miss Priss Follies!