Monday, July 7, 2008

Sooooo Nervous!

I wasn't this nervous the day of my wedding. I wasn't even this nervous when I gave birth for the first time! I can't remember ever being this nervous!!! But here I am, practically shaking in my chair, staring at the clock on my computer. At 10:30am I'm leaving work for my next ultrasound. Today's the day that we'll probably find out the sex of our baby. Now I say probably because there's certainly no guarantee that Bean will be in the perfect position today. I'm sure it seems crazy that I would be so nervous since this is our third baby, but this one is different. It's our last. And we already have two boys. Not that the sex of this baby truly matters...just as long as he/she comes out nice and healthy. Okay, so a large part of me is praying for a little girl but after having two boys...who wouldn't?

So to keep my mind off of all the excitement, I thought I'd recap some of the highlights from this past weekend.
  • I fell in love with the magic eraser early Friday morning while washing our kitchen floor. I doubted it's power for so long! Then mom gave me one to try out and I don't know how I ever lived without it. The magic eraser has seriously changed my entire life.
  • A full day a the pool on Friday was just what the doctor ordered. There was lots of swimming, eating, relaxing and laughing...a truly perfect day.
  • Ayden spent Friday night and all day Saturday with Mimi and Bump. Jason was gone all day riding his 4wheeler. So it was just me and Jameson fending for ourselves. At first I was lonely. But then I adapted and had a great time just hanging with my little goober. I forgot what it's like to only focus on one child!
  • Yesterday we woke up early and took the boys to IHOP for breakfast. I was still riding the high from my magic eraser experience and nothing was going to ruin my sunny outlook on life. The boys played outside, we all took a nap, and I finished every last speck of laundry. I even hauled out the ironing board and ironed enough to last me the entire week. Jason rewarded my Suzy Homemaker attitude with an Oreo Blizzard.

Now I'm just nervous. Sitting at my desk in freshly laundered and perfectly ironed black capris and a peasant styled top, I am so freakin nervous. I'm not sure if it's because I'm scared this baby is going to show up on the ultrasound screen with a penis or if it's because this is my final time experiencing all of this.

Anyhoo. I sure hope ya'll had a great holiday weekend!!! I'm sure I'll post again later to let everyone know the outcome of this ultrasound:)

5 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

You're nervous? I don't know what I'm feeling. Anxious? Excited? Is Baby Bean a girl? Wanting to know...not wanting to know? Wanting to buy girlie baby clothes. Wanting another boy as in "My Three Sons". By the time you read this, I will know. OMG! Yes -- I'm NERVOUS too!

Roxanne Schwandt said...

Jamie--you HAVE to tell us how the ultrasound went! We're all anxiously waiting on the news! :)

Pam said...

I can't wait for baby 3! Now, seriously, what is a magic eraser??? Maybe I need a life change!

Deb said...

Isn't this so exciting? Technology is truly amazing because in days past, we wouldn't have a clue until we heard the doctor made his announcement. Did it really matter if we heard his magic words "It's a boy" or "It's a girl"; the only thing that matters is the number of fingers and toes and well, the overall health of your baby.
Crossing fingers, though, that the ring test is accurate!

Chere said...

The magic eraser is Marlee's best friend. She loves them. I have never used one. I have a magic Juana. She erasers everything. I wish my house was like those sheets you write on and then lift up to erase it. Wouldn't that be great. Lift the sheet and all the junk is gone. I am trying not to think about Baby Bean right now.