Monday, July 7, 2008

We're having a.....

GIRL! Even though both the ultrasound tech and Dr. Korotkin confirmed that we're having a girl, I'm still skeptical. Not that I doubt either one of them, but I seriously didn't think Jason had anything in him but boys! Can you really believe that we're going to have a little girl??? Right now she's 5 inches long and weighs 5.6 oz. Part of me hopes she's a chunky monkey like her big brother Ayden:)

As of right now Jason is having a nervous breakdown, my mom and MIL are both bawling their eyes out and I'm walking around in a daze. Ayden is going to be sooooo excited that he's having a little sister. He's been very adamant about not wanting another brother. I think Jameson terrorizes him enough and he's thinking a sister will leave him alone. I also think he's in for a rude awakening...

So to have a bit of fun, I've decided to put a name poll on our blog. Jason and I will choose 4-5 names that we like and see which one you all like best. I can't promise which name we'll choose for sure, but I think it will be very helpful to see what the majority (all 6 of you) picks.

Let's not forget our weekly progress report either. Here's what's going on during week 16!

Over the past three weeks your astounding growing baby has managed to stretch yet another 2 full inches (totaling about 4.5 inches) and weighs around 3.5 ounces. Yessireee, that’s some pretty serious growth... and with it comes several physical developments! For starters, their head to body ratio is finally starting to even out a bit as the rest of the body is actually growing faster than the head at this point. Yes, your little light bulb is not so top-heavy. Their adorable little limbs have lengthened, almost reaching their normal proportions which they will have at birth. Their eyes are still closed but moving and if you had an ultrasound, which many doctors recommend you have at about this time, you may even see your little one sucking on a thumb, not to mention the necessary signifiers to let you know whether you’ve got a wee lad or lassie.

NOTE: I added a link to the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser in my last post. They seriously make me sooooo happy!

8 comments:

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

I'm so happy for you. Even if it were a boy, though, you still would have been a super mommy.

Jamie Payne said...

Thanks sis! I love having boys...there's never a dull moment with them around:) I'm excited to find out what Ultimo is!!!!!!

Deb said...

Oh I am SO EXCITED for all of you! What a blessing for the Payne and Rector family!
Just goes to show you that the ring test NEVER fails!

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roxanne Schwandt said...

YEAH!! A LITTLE GIRL will make a wonderful addition to your "Crazy Life". I'm so excited to have a Great Niece! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I've heard so much about you so I thought after hearing the great news from my mom, Deb, that you are having a girl I wanted to say congrats myself! I read your blog and enjoy it very much.
Best of luck!

Chere said...

Okay Bratley, you got your way. Ha! Ha! Hey, I have the Diva-ette scrap chair all ready. We have a whole new set of tools to shop for, Mimi. Paper, water based glue and rounded cutting tools. Water based glue sticks never hurt anyone. Congrats to the Payne family.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! If you thought you had dramatization before, you just wait :-) Those little girls can be happy, sad, p.o.'d, hit and give kisses all in the same minute.