Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bad Night/Good Night

Tuesday night was horrible! Ayden feel asleep at 6:30pm after running around Marguerite's with his partner in crime, Wyatt. This is never a good situation because he'll wake up around 2am wondering if it's time to get up.

So....first Jameson woke up at 11:30 wanting to crawl into bed with us. Absolutely not! I finally decided to put my foot down and get that child out of our bed. I took him back to his own bed and laid down with him until he fell back asleep. Ayden crept in at 1:30am wanting to know if it was time to get up. Absolutely not! I marched him back to his bed and promised to wake him up after my shower. Both of the boys made an appearance at 3am and they were both taken back to their own beds. Then at 5am as I'm about to hop in the shower, Jameson poked his head into the bathroom. Desperately needing to get ready for the day, I took him out to the living room and turned on Scooby Doo. I was pathetically tired all day yesterday.

Wednesday night was great! We had a nice dinner with Mimi and went home for bath time. I put both boys to bed promptly at 8:30. It wasn't until 2:30am that Jameson made his first...and only appearance. I decided to stay firm and walked him back to his own bed. I didn't see him again until I woke up both boys at 6am! I'm not sure if this was just pure luck or if this will be the new trend. Hopefully we're on our way to Jameson sleeping the night in his own bed.

3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Woo-hoo! Let's hope this is a new trend. Congrats on being firm -- I know it isn't easy. But it doesn't do him any harm, and it will certainly do you a world of good. Yippee!

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

Why wasn't Jason getting up with them and putting them back to bed? Tell him I said that. I think it's always relevant to point out to your spouse at 3am that you work full-time AND are pregnant AND are a mommy -- that's 3 full-time jobs.

Chere said...

Jamie, I do agree with half dozen. You are not the only parent in your household. It might help if Jason took him back to bed instead of you. Also, please do not lay down with Jameson. We did this with Marlee. It did not help because we fell asleep with her. Take him back to bed and leave him. This vacation will be a good time to not let him sleep with you. I know it is hard but keep it up. Have a great vacation.