Monday, July 28, 2008

Safe and Sound

Well, we're back. I'm not functioning very well, but I'm here. The first thing I tackled this morning was email. I always turn on my "out of office" message when I'll be out but I still managed to have 275 emails in my inbox. Once I went through and deleted/responded to the majority I still had 108...8 of which were work related that I need to do some investigating on. The remaining 100??? All from the Divas! I have no idea what they were up to last week, but I'll catch up later this afternoon.

Next on the list was to quickly scan through my top 7 blogs.

Deb - Have a great time on your vacation this week. Looks like you got in a lot of grandson time before you left. I swear Baby Jack is getting cuter and cuter every time you post pictures of him!

Mom - It sounds like you had some relaxing time at the pool while we were gone! We're back now so the peace and serenity are officially gone. Also, thanks for the award:)

Pam - Hmmmm. Not too much blogging going on Pam's Little Blog.

Chere - You crack me up...as usual. I too dislike manufacturers who neglect to put an expiration date on their food products. Expired food is on the top of my pet peeve list. Just ask mom. I'm constantly cleaning out her pantry.

Judy - I love the volcano pictures that you posted from your Hawaii trip! I'm so glad that you're home and can't wait to catch up this Sunday.

Kelly - Congrats on the purchase of your new home. I can't wait to see pictures once you're all settled in. BTW - I too dislike people who can't put their shopping carts away properly when done with them. That's up there on my top 10 pet peeve list along with missing expiration dates!

Roxanne - Looks like you had a great time at your convention. Seeing your pictures sure does bring back memories. Chicago is such a beautiful city but after living/working there for so long, you tend to take advantage of it's charm. It was so nice to see you while we were in Wisconsin...if only for a couple of hours.

Tonight the boys and I will be having dinner with Mimi while daddy starts back up his 12-15 hour days. I did most of our laundry while in Wisconsin so only need to put things away tonight. I think it will be an early night to bed for me and the boys. Sometime during the next couple of weeks I'll get around to editing the 300+ photos I took during our trip. I'll also post more tomorrow on what we all did during our 9 days away from home.

Now it's time to process payroll. Nothing like coming back after a week of vacation, only to process payroll (start to finish) in one day. I didn't get the prep work done before I left like I wanted to so today will be a little stressful.

3 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

hey jamie, thanks for the note on your blog:) It was so great to see you and jason, and mostly the kids, of course! I started downloading pics on my 'puter but then my camera battery died. I'm going to post the couple I got tonight (hopefully). Glad you all made it back home safely!

Deb said...

Smart woman...you answered all of your friend's blogs in your blog! Way to go! Can't wait to read more on your vacation. I know your Mom really missed you.

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

Glad your are home. Missed you. He he he. Glad Baby Ava is 'feelable' now, too.
Love
Kel