Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th!


Oh my goodness! I'm really looking forward to a nice 3 day weekend with my family. Tomorrow is our annual pool day at the parental's. Lots of swimming, sun, good food and laughs. I promise to take tons of pictures!

Ayden is finally ready to spend the night with Mimi & Bumpa as well. He wanted to spend the night last weekend, but the timing wasn't great. So he's been counting down the "sleeps" all week until he can finally spend the night with them. This morning Ayden came into the living room with one finger raised and said "Mommy! Only one more sleep until I go to Mimi's!!". He's so excited and his little face this morning was simply precious. The other day he was a little upset that Jameson would be left out of the sleepover, but once I explained that Jameson wasn't ready for such "big boy" activities you could practically see his chest puff out with pride.

Other than that, we don't have any other plans for the weekend. We may attempt to see the fireworks, but that will all depend on how long the boys nap tomorrow. I'll pick up some sparklers tonight so that we'll have something on hand if the big fireworks are out of the question.

I sure hope ya'll have a happy and safe 4th of July!!!

2 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

That is so Ayden when he realized the sleepover is a "big boy" event! What a ham! I can just see his eyes get big and his chest raise in the realization of his independence as the BIG Brother! ;) Have fun tomorrow swimming all day. I'll be baking chocolate cake and cleaning house.

Chere said...

What a mile stone for Ayden. I bet Mimi and Bumpa are excited also. Have fun Ayden. Have a great time at Camp Rector. Happy 4th of July.