Friday, July 18, 2008

In 24 Hours

We will be boarding a plane heading to Wisconsin.


I'm trying to get past the millions of things that I still need to accomplish today, both at work and at home, before we leave. If I think about it too long, my head starts to throb. I work better when I'm in denial...I'm going to get it all done and it's going to be easy. See? Better already.

I miss Jason. He's been working 16 hour days this week. This couldn't be a worse time for him to take vacation, but he's trying not to dwell on all of the things that will fall through the cracks next week. Instead he's doing his best to prepare.

OMG! I just got a phone call from my friend Nikki (Ayden's Godmother) who I wasn't supposed to see until Friday night up at my dad's cottage. Her work schedule changed so that now she's going to be there Wednesday night! Two more days with her makes me sooooo happy!!! Unfortunately, her husband J (Ayden's Godfather) still can't make it until Friday night. But being the selfish person I am, I'm still excited to have more time with Nikki:)

Okay, I seriously have to run. I'm hoping to get out of here early so I can get a head start on things at home.

Tootles!

4 comments:

Chere said...

When my big butt hits the seat on a plane, I always sigh. What is going to get done is done and we are on our way. When the kids were small I would wonder if it was worth. Yes, it always was. Hope you and your family have a wonderful time. The Diva's will miss you on the net and on the blogs. Rest, Relax, Have Fun and Let someone else take care of the boys.

Deb said...

Have a lovely vacation up North, whee I am sure should be cooler and most likey, a bit wetter. Just a word to the wise, stay clear of those cottages on the lake in a torential down pour...we don't want to see you guys floating down a river!

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

Stay away from the waterskis. I'll miss you, hope you have the chance to update once or twice.
Kelly

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I have a gift for you on my blog. It's an award. Thanks for being an inspiration to me!