Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July

I know I already recapped the 4th, but I just got around to downloading the pictures I took last night.

I really wanted to take lots of pictures on the 4th but fate was working against me. We packed up every thing we'd need for the day including my potato salad and flag cake and headed over to the parental's. When I got my camera out, I realized that I had left the memory card in the computer. Duh! Being the fabulous husband Jason is, he went home to get it for me. After about 20 pictures, I realized my battery light was blinking. Being a relatively new camera that has an awesome battery that can last for months, I hadn't bought a second battery yet and also didn't think of bringing the camera bag with the charger. So once again, my bunny set off for home to get my charger. By the time he got back I was annoyed with picture taking so left the rest of the day up to my mom.

Here's a lesson in how to properly dunk your child under a waterfall.

1. Submerge child in water

2. Remove child from water only to refill lungs.

3. Wait for the giggle letting you know that child is not scared out of it's mind.

4. Submerge in water again. Torturing your child can be very rewarding.

5. Submerge yourself to show child that you're only playing and not seriously trying to drown him/her.

Click here for more pictures of the 4th. Ayden, Mimi and Bumpa had a water gun fight and then while the boys were napping, mom and I snapped some nature pictures. Ayden was difficult to photograph because his yellow floaty kept getting in the way.

4 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Cool photos! Who's the old fat chick in the orange hat? Love how the new lens is working for you. Someone must love you very, very much to buy a new lens for your new camera :) Your nature photos are awesome in detail.

Chere said...

Jamie, Love the photos. They will have to make their way to a lay-out. Yes, you do have a great honey and he looks pretty good in the water fall. Maybe you do not need the "Mascot" read my blog. That one is for Doris and Priss. Have a great week-end.

Chere said...

I think the fat chick in the orange hat is kinda cool. Kinda! She lives up to the Fairy Godprincess name very well.

Deb said...

Great pictures, Jamie! I love how you detail the steps for dunking children. Looks like you all had a great time on the 4th!