Monday, August 4, 2008

2008 Wisconsin Trip (Days 5-9)


We spent the second half of our vacation up at my parent's lake house. People in Wisconsin call them cottages, but here in the south they're known as lake homes. Anyway, we had a great time right from the start. Ayden was very excited about the sand toys and bug collector that grandma and grandpa had bought for them. He immediately wanted to roam the land looking for spiders, caterpillars and any other creepy crawly insect he could find. I didn't participate in this...I don't like bugs. Jameson like playing in the sand.

Wednesday night, Auntie Nikki (Ayden's Godmother) joined us after she finished with work. Uncle J (her husband and Ayden's Godfather) wouldn't be able to make it until Friday. I was so excited to see her! She got involved in the bug hunt even though she too dislikes insects. Thursday was a day for relaxation. Nikki and I stayed in the house reading our books until late morning and then finally decided to join the rest outside. We made a trip to Slippery Rock and took a put-put ride around the lake. Friday we geared up for the Danke invasion. My dad had decided that my aunts, uncles and cousins should all get together for a mini reunion while we were up with the boys. Friday we were expecting 10 additional people and Saturday would bring 5 more. OMG! 22 people up at the lake! I must admit that I expected some drama but there were only good times. We took another trip to Slippery Rock on Saturday and spent some quality time floating in the lake. Sunday came quickly, and it was a sad morning as I packed up our belongings to head back to Neenah. We had lunch with Jason's parents and made our way to Milwaukee to return our car and catch our flight back home. It was a long day but I was happy to back in Georgia and looking forward to resuming our routine.

Click here to see the rest of the pictures from days 5-9 Once in flickr, click the "i" for details.!


4 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

I wanna go for a ride down slippery rock. That looked like fun! Love the pics of Jameson and your dad. Jameson definately has Danke traites like Ayden has Payne traits. So cute! :)

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time on your Wisconsin trip. The boys definitely looked as though they were having a great time in the water, catching bugs, and receiving tons of attention from their extended family. While it's nice to get away, it's also nice to return home to a routine of sorts. It was pretty quiet without you and the boys. I'm glad you're home! I was desparately in need of an Ayden fix, which I got a little bit on Saturday.

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

Yuck! Puhlease tell me those bugs were fake. Great pictures!

Chere said...

Okay, roxanne answered my question. The pics of Jameson are with your Dad. He look a lot like him. Both boys look like they had a great time. I, too, would love to slide down the rock slide. That looks like a lot of fun. I loved the photo of your boys together. You are so blessed to have such a beautiful family. If you and Jason never do anything else, you two have beautiful kids. Glad you are back, missed you a lot.