Monday, August 18, 2008

Note: This picture was taken by Mimi and I found it on her blog this morning. As usual, my pictures haven't even been downloaded yet.

My baby is 4 years old. Where have the last 4 years gone? I took one look at him this morning and wanted to squeeze him tight and not let go. I'm so grateful for the times that he still wants to cuddle and snuggle and be right next to me. I love that when I wear a dress to work, he tells me I look pretty. I love that when we go brush our teeth in the morning, he has to hold my hand to the bathroom. And I really love that when I drop him off at school in the morning, he pushes the security button and holds the door for me...and then asks for one more kiss and hug.

Mimi always tells him that she's going to put a brick on his head so he can't get any bigger. So this morning when I asked him how I was going to keep him from getting sooooo big he told me "Mimi is already putting a brick on my head so you can't do that one". If I hadn't just gone to the bathroom, I'm sure I would have peed my pants while laughing. He's not only sweet, but totally entertaining as well.

We celebrated our big man's birthday on Saturday with dinner, presents and cake. Mimi and Bumpa were there as well so we turned it into a joint celebration since Mimi's birthday was on Thursday. I think his absolute favorite gift was his brand new big boy bike with training wheels from Mimi & Bumpa. Tonight we'll be heading to Partners Pizza for their yummy salad/pizza buffet. I took a few pictures on Saturday but haven't had a chance to download/edit them yet. Tonight will probably be my only chance before the week gets crazy...starting with tomorrow.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY my sweet boy. We all love you very much!!

3 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AYDEN!!! I can't believe he is 4 years old already! Where does the time go. I love that pic of him - so intent on the b-day cake :)

Chere said...

Happy Birthday Ayden!!! Time goes by in a blink of an eye. There will be times when you think how am I going to get everything done. But you will and time will fly. Ayden is such a joy to the world. Dusty let me drop him off at the door of middle school, Marlee was dropped off two block down the street. There is something about little boys. You are truly blessed to have two of them.

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

Happy birthday Ayden! Love Aunt Kelly and all your cuzzies