Friday, August 8, 2008

TGIF!

I'm beyond happy that today is Friday!!! It's been one long week and this mommy is exhausted. Jason had a horrible day on Wednesday so decided to not work late and instead spend time with his family. We took Ayden to Royal Learners so he could see his new classroom and meet his teachers. I am sooooo excited about Ayden attending this school. After talking with his teachers (Ms. Bo and Ms. Julie) I know that we're doing the right thing by having him attend private Pre-K. After the "Meet & Greet" we headed over to Taco Mac for a nice dinner. It was so nice to have Jason with us.

Yesterday I picked up the boys and went home to change for swim lessons. Daddy decided to work a normal 10 hour day again so I had an extra set of hands at the Peachtree Dive Center. Ayden was so excited to see Nicole and get in the pool. He kept telling me that he wasn't going to cry and he was going to be a big boy. We ran into the pool area (a little late) and then the tears starting flowing. It took me about 5-10 minutes, but I finally convinced him to get in the water. Nicole grabbed him to do a floating exercise, and it was all smiles and tons of enthusiasm after that. Compared to Tuesday, I thought it went much better last night. I have high hopes for a tear free swim lesson this coming Tuesday. Daddy and the boys dropped me off for nails and then hit McDonalds for Ayden's reward...a strawberry milkshake and chicken nuggets. After they were done eating, my nails were done and the scooped me up to go home.

After such a hectic week and three nights away from the house, I'm excited to cook dinner and just relax. Tomorrow we'll be spending time around the house getting some cleaning done. Okay, so I'll be the only one doing the cleaning, but at least we'll all be home. The temps dropped yesterday from 98 to the 80's and it's supposed to stay below 90 all weekend. What a great opportunity to get the kids outside and get a few things accomplished inside:) We got a school supply list Wednesday night so daddy is taking Ayden shopping for his supplies and new backpack. Some bonding time with daddy is exactly what Ayden needs. I even told them to stay out and grab lunch before coming home for a nap. Jameson and I will do just fine on our own. Saturday night Ayden is spending the night at Mimi's house. If I can get most of the items crossed off of my to-do list, we'll be lounging at the pool on Sunday. It'll be a great opportunity to practice some of the things Nicole has been having the kids do at swim lessons.

Next week, my current schedule comes to an end. Starting Monday, I will have two drop offs and two pick ups with the boys being in different places during the day. It'll be an adjustment but nothing we can't handle. I say that with my fingers and toes crossed:)

I have a 1:30 meeting that I'm about to be late for so I'd better run! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!

3 comments:

Chere said...

Jamie, Your babies are growing up right before my eyes. First day at school, Jameson at the sitters by himself and swimming leasons. Sounds like Ayden is doing better with his leasons. He will do great, such a little man. Good luck to the beginning of your new life next week. Just about the time every thing is running smooth and easy baby Diva will come along. This is what keeps life exciting. Have a great week-end.

Judyann said...

Hope your Monday went okay. Can't wait to read about how things went.

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

Yes, TGIF. Too it's went by so quickly. Too bad we don't have passion-fruit margaritas to look forward to for this coming weekend. Too bad everyday isn't Friday.
Your fellow preggo,
Lil Sis

PS - How did drop-off go for the first day of school?