Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous things going on right now.....

1. I'm still frustrated with Jameson but realize that he's just going through the terrible two's. I went out to buy a "positive discipline" book on Saturday and came home with this beauty. So far I really like the book. I'm only into chapter 3 but the authors are so motivating!!

2. I also picked up this one. I promised myself I'd read Positive Discipline first, but I snuck in the first two chapters of Breaking Dawn and now don't want to put it down.


3. I met with my OB today. You can certainly tell that I was on vacation just a couple of weeks ago...I gained 3lbs in July. I've only gained a total of 4lbs, but I'm still paranoid. Last week I started going to the gym again and am back to eating salads for lunch.


4. I really want this for lunch today. Like REALLY bad. But I know we'll grab something after swim lessons tonight so I'm going to behave.


4. Life gets even more hectic for us this week...and going forward. Tonight I have to go home to let the dogs out, pick up the boys and race to swim lessons at 6pm. Tomorrow we have "Meet & Greet" at Ayden's new school. Thursday I have to do the home/dog/boys/swim lesson thing again and then I have to quickly get to my nail appointment...which I'll be late for. Somewhere in all of that I'll have to hit a drive thru so I can feed my kids.

5. I really need to get my dogs groomed. I'm losing them in all of their fur. I normally keep them shaved during the summer, but forgot to make their last appointment for the weekend before we left for vacation. Now they're out of control.


6. This weekend Ayden is spending the night at Mimi & Bumpa's. He's beyond excited. They taught him a cool new technique in the pool this past weekend (see my mom's blog for pics) and now all he wants is to go back to swim. This will be a nice treat for him before school starts on Monday.


7. I can't believe that school starts on Monday. Ayden has been with Marguerite since he was 8 months old. Now it'll just be Jameson at Ree Ree's until Ava starts in February. I think this is going to be hard on Jameson...he's never been away from from his brother. Ayden on the other hand will do great. He's ready to move on from all of the younger kids.


8. Jason has been working non-stop. We really don't see him during the week or on Saturdays so Sunday is a happy day for us all. Family time!

Well, I should go hit the gym before it gets too late.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Jamie, I've forgotten how busy life is with little ones around. Whew! Life is crazy when working as hard as you guys do. Get plenty of rest whenever you can and find a little time for yourself...like reading your new book (which I will check out on Amazon).

Pam said...

I enjoy your blogs so much, even though I don't always take time to comment. I think you are a wonderful mother! When I read about the ups and downs of your day I realize why it's best to have children when you are young!!! Some days I envy you and some days I'm relieved it's not me anymore. Thank Heaven for grandchildren. We get a chance to do all the fun stuff while poor mommy still has to maintain a house, job, dogs, toddlers, babies..... it's an enless list and you handle it all with grace and humor. You, my young friend, have your head on straight and your priorities in order. I'm proud to know you!