Thursday, August 14, 2008

Let the nesting begin!

It's either an excess of hormones or the fact that I'm ready for fall, but I'm going into full blown nesting mode.

This week I took all of the "boy" bedding off the crib to wash and pack away. It sort of made me teary eyed when I thought about how both of my boys used that bedding. It's been part of our home for over 4 years now! I also took off the blue changing table pad. Now I just need to buy the sage green paint I want in there so Jason can get going on the walls. Jason finished painting the walls for Jameson the day I gave birth. I'd like to be a bit more prepared this time.

I've been cruising All Recipes for new things to cook. I found myself in the dessert section...I love to bake! I'm also ready to get out the crock pot. I loving coming home to a prepared meal, not to mention the way our house smells after cooking a beef roast all day. Yummy!

My kitchen as been clean since Saturday. And I've cooked in it! I think I may finally be back. The living room has been picked up before bedtime and our kitchen table is lacking all of the usual clutter...mail, folded clothes...etc. We actually ate at the table both Monday and Wednesday night. You have no idea how good this makes me feel.

ALL of our laundry is washed, folded and put away. The towels are actually put away where they belong instead of sitting on counter in the boys' bathroom. I've been lighting a couple of candles every night like I used to and the house smells like Clean Cotton (by Yankee Candle) once again. This weekend I want to steam clean all the rooms and tackle the desk area.

I've always been known for having the most clean and organized office here at the Chamber. Unfortunately things have gone down hill in that department during the past 4 months. I'm ready to get back in gear though. I'm organizing all my filing, doing the filing, preparing a batch of new hire folders and binding a ton of policy manuals today. Tomorrow when I get in I'll be able to vacuum and dust my office without anything being in the way. When I have to find something, I'll know exactly where it is because it'll be filed away properly. Yeah.

It definitely hasn't been easy to get motivated, but now that I am...look out! I'll have to take a few more pictures of Ava's closet this weekend. I think Mimi has made a few more trips this week:)

2 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! You certainly are in the "nesting" phase. But Jamie, it is a bit early to start the ritual. What in heaven's name will you be like at 8.5 months along? Care to challenge Mr. Clean?

Chere said...

Jamie, can you come to my house when you are finished at yours? My house gets more unorganized by the second. I throw away and clean one spot and it is back in a flash. My brain has turned to mush and I do not have an excuse. Congrats on all of your clean, organized space. Deb, is right you are a little early. I do remember Jason painting Jameson room right before he was born. It was done when he came home though. Have a great week-end.