Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ayden Update

Well, my baby is definitely trying to grow on me. We had his 4 year check up yesterday and Ayden weighed in at 43lbs (92nd percentile) and 42 inches (75th percentile). They performed a hearing, vision and minor dental screening on him as well. He passed the hearing test and his teeth look beautiful. Unfortunately, he didn't do so hot with the vision test. I already had concerns that he may have a lazy eye but after the vision test, Dr. Goza recommended he see an optometrist. It's also time to initiate Ayden with the dentist even though everything looks good. He's just at the age when we should start his cleanings. We ended the visit with 3 shots in the leg. He took it like a trooper but was very whiny and clingy this morning. I'm convinced that there's something in those immunizations that knocks our kids off course for a couple of days. We don't exactly have a choice though if they are to attend school/daycare.

Well, that's about all I have time for. I'm looking forward to a nice evening at home. We haven't actually had a night at home since last week Friday. I want to make dinner, take baths, get our PJ's on and play Hungry Hungry Hippo with my boys. Wow, has my idea of a fun evening changed drastically from 5 years ago!!!

2 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

I used to love playing Hungry Hungry Hippo, but my hippo (the purple one) always got jipped!

Chere said...

What better way to spend the evening. Hungry Hungry Hippo sounds good. Your little Ayden is the picture of all boy. Hate to hear about the eye thing. I am sure it will be something easy to deal with. My kids loved their dentist. They went to a children's dentist that was great. The children's dentist are normally a fun place to visit. Have fun this evening.