Tuesday, June 10, 2008

12 Weeks

After dropping the boys off this morning, both with their sippy cups, I headed to Piedmont Hospital for my 12 week checkup. I had my sunglasses on, my cell phone sitting in the cup holder and my gym bag sitting next to me in the passenger's seat. I just knew it was going to be a good day.

When I have my monthly (and then weekly) checkups with Dr. McSwain, I refuse to eat breakfast until my appointment is over. I guess that's why I schedule them for first thing in the morning at 8am. I do this so that I have a slight advantage when they drag me over to the scale. Good news...I haven't gained a pound yet. I'm eating like a horse and my stomach seems to expand every day, but my trips to the gym are paying off! I couldn't help but tear up when I heard baby bean's heartbeat today. I think I was still in so much shock at my first appointment that I didn't allow myself to get emotional but that has all changed. I'm truly looking forward to this baby joining our family...whether it's a boy or girl (but we all know it's a girl after the ring test...duh).

This coming Monday (6/16) I see Dr. Korotkin, my perinatologist. At 13 weeks, his amazing ultrasound tech was able to tell me Jameson's sex. I'm crossing my fingers that she can work her magic yet again, especially since my mom is making the trip in with me. I'm so excited for her to be at this ultrasound. Not only since this will definitely be our last baby, but because she wasn't able to attend one for Ayden or Jameson.

Okay, I have to run so I can transmit payroll. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

6 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I am so excited I can't stand it! I'm looking forward to being with you at your ultrasound. Whether a boy or girl, this baby is already loved and wanted. I can't believe 12 weeks have already gone by. This marks the end of your 1st trimester. If Baby Bean is a girl, I need time to shop for all the girlie things before she arrives:)For this reason, Pete is hoping for a boy. Who asked him to rain on my parade???

Pam said...

I'm so happy for you! Whatever the orientation, the scappers are delighted by the prospect of a new baby in the "family". I'm also very happy Mimi gets to participate this time. I absolutely loved being there every step of the way when my daughter was pregnant with my two grandchildren. Mercy - if she ever has another child I will need a 9 month leave of absence to be with her again. It's the most amazing thing ever!!! I feel so emotional just remembering it all and also thinking about how much joy Debra will experience during this process.

Regarding yesterday's post - I laughed so hard! With sympathy, of course!!!

Roxanne Schwandt said...

YEAHHHH!! I can't wait to find out what it's going to be!! :)
I'm also crossing my fingers for June 25th in hopes our Ultrasound tech will tell us the sex, too. I hope you are having a GIRL!! THINKING PINK AND RIBBONS with love, Roxanne :)

Deb said...

Only 12 weeks and already that baby bump and you haven't gained a pound? WOW, girl, you are doing everything right! I'm so excited that your Mom will be able to attend the ultrasound. It is so emotional for a mom to witness her baby girl going through her pregnancy and then childbirth. All I have to say, Debra, is have 2 boxes of kleenex ready for the delivery and if you can somehow sneak a glass of wine in the waiting room well do it! I was a wreck!

Chere said...

12 weeks already. Time is flying by at super speed. Mimi is going to love seeing baby bean little heart going bump,bump. It is very exciting to see. I will be happy to come and stay with the boys if you want her to go with you at the delivery this time. If it is a girl, she may want to. I could come to your house where the boys would feel at home. Think about it. My thoughts and prayers are with you and this baby daily. I pray for a smooth and easy 9 months. You and Jason have the most beautiful babies. Ayden will be in heaven. He will be the,BIG, big brother. Jameson will just be pissed. He loves being the baby. Have a great week.

Judyann said...

Glad your appoitment went well. Congrats on not gaining any weight. I was never so fortunate. Can't wait for the 25th. I'll help Chere with the boys when you deliver.