Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I realize that Father's Day was Sunday, but with all the excitement of our ultrasound yesterday I forgot to give a little shout out to all the daddies in the world. Our Father's Day was pretty low key. With my dad and Jason's dad in Wisconsin and then Peter in Pittsburgh with mom, it was just us. We had a nice relaxing weekend. We got a few things done, but in slow motion. We were never in a hurry to do anything. Jason was beyond helpful with the boys and I couldn't have been more grateful!

On Sunday daddy actually got up before 10am. Ayden was practically peeing in his pants to give daddy the card he made for him. I'm going to try and scan it in so you can see it...I'm still laughing just thinking about it. Ayden made it on his last day of school and his teacher had asked him some questions about daddy and then wrote down his responses. One of the questions was "If you could take your daddy anywhere, where would you take him". Ayden's response was "Target".

Then Jameson gave daddy a store bought card from both of the boys. It was a SpongeBob card that had a very large sticker inside that daddy was supposed to wear all day. I wasn't sure if Jason would willingly wear the sticker all day, but he put it on with no complaints. I was soooo proud of him. Then I gave Jason my card. Of course it was some sappy thing about being so grateful he's the father of my children and how I can't imagine life without him. Jason needs his ego stroked every once in a while:)
After a nice dinner at Partner's Pizza with Mimi, we headed home to play with play dough. Ayden had been begging all day to play play dough so there was no way to avoid it. Being the wonderful daddy that Jason is, he gave the boys their bath and then settled at the kitchen table to make some wonderful play dough creations.
I sure hope all the daddies had a great Father's Day!

2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

It's nice to see Jason smiling and happy. He is usually busy at work or tired. His weekend looks to have agreed with him. Maybe it was because his pesky mother-in-law was out of his hair for the weekend:)

Happy Father's Day, Jason! Thanks for the being such a wonderful Dad to my adoring grand-children...and for giving me another!

Chere said...

Jason looks like one happy Daddy and Husband. Jamie, you are blessed with a wonderful and loving husband. Thank him every day for being a Daddy and husband.