Friday, June 27, 2008

I love my little monkeys!

Besides tearing things up while I was getting my nails done last night, the boys were so much fun last night. After we got home from from nails, I immediately started their bath. Ayden jumped right in and started to play but I got to chase Jameson's naked rear end around the house....I just love pinching baby butt! After we settled down, I began rinsing half of Marguerite's backyard off the boys. Ayden said the Pledge of Allegiance, sang the Itsy Bitsy Spider and then belted out the ABC song. Oh my goodness those boys were a mess!


Ayden got his PJ's on and then settled into the top bunk to finish watching The Secret of Nimh. I love that he enjoys older cartoons...things that I watched when I was little. He much prefers Scooby Doo, Flinstones, Snorks and the Smurfs over some of today's shows. While Jameson and I snuggled up on the couch to watch Scooby Doo, it took everything I had in me to not smother my child with kisses. He just smelled so good! After he started pushing my face away I realized that I was out of control and needed to leave him alone for a while.

I kissed Ayden good night and switched on his vaporizer. While daddy was taking a shower Jameson and I snuggled in bed. We played This Little Piggy on his toes and then I rubbed his tummy to relax him. It didn't take long before we were both asleep.

Sounds good right? It was actually perfect...and then my alarm clock went off and reality set in. I took a shower, let the dogs out, put the boys washed clothes in the dryer and started a load of towels. I ironed my shirt, dried my hair and applied makeup. I woke up Ayden and moved him to the couch to watch Lilo and Stitch. I climbed up to the top bunk to find his beloved friends and then got him his sippy. Once Ayden was dressed I had to drag him to the bathroom to brush his teeth. We woke up Jameson, who then wanted to brush his teeth. Jameson spilled his cup of water all over the countertop and Ayden fell off of the stool. Ayden's toothbrush managed to fly into my hair...smearing blue Crest in like highlights. Jameson didn't want to get dressed so was kicking me while I was trying to change his diaper. He fell off my lap and landed on his head while I was putting his shorts on. I asked Ayden to turn off the TV while I wrestled with Jameson to get his shirt on. Jameson normally turns off the TV so got pissed at Ayden. He flew off my lap and hit his brother. This upset Ayden who started bawling. Jameson thought this was funny and started flapping his arms around like he'd hit anyone who got in the way. I joined the battle by picking up Jameson and swung him over my shoulder. I grabbed the backpack with their extra set of clothes and both sippy cups. Ayden slammed the screen door in my face on my way into the garage. As I was buckling Ayden up, Jameson found my chapstick and decided it would make a good snack. After both boys were in the truck and we were half way to Marguerite's I realized I forgot to put on earrings and my wedding ring. Bummer.

Despite it all I still love my little monkeys. After the craziness of the morning and a hectic day at work, we make our way home to eat, play and take a bath. That's when my little monkeys turn into sleepy angels.

Happy Friday and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

Pam said...

I sat at my desk and just laughed out loud! I love your posts! What mother doesn't remember mornings/days/weeks/months/years like the one you described. I look back on those days with fond and glorious memories. Thank God for grandchildren and the chance to enjoy some of the craziness again. Life is so sweet when you just stop and remember what it is all about. You, my young friend, have it figured out!

Roxanne Schwandt said...

A perfect post for the title of your blog "Our Crazy Life" Just gotta love it! :)

Judyann said...

Wow Jamie, you are so very busy. At times it can be overwhelming, but at least we can't say we're bored. Glad you are enjoying the boys and your pregnancy so much. I'm thinking pink but won't be back until the 15h so you'll have to call me with the news.

Chere said...

Oh Jamie, Your blog takes me back to the days of my two with a smile in my heart. The kids school would send home a letter the week before standardize testing. It would state the fact of the up coming test schedule. It stated that, your children should get a good nights sleep, eat a good breakfast and have a calm morning and ride to school. The first two were a piece of cake. Calm Morning? If my children had a calm they would think something bad was going to happen.Some rides to school were good and some were not. Like the time the baby frog jumped out of the fish bowl into Marlee's lap all while I was driving down GA 85 in rush hour traffic. Calm? No Way! Any way, Please keep up the beautiful blogs about those babies. Just love it.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Think pink...think pink!

At least we had fun on our Archiver's trip with Priss, and a relaxing evening with just us two girls. We need more of these before the new baby arrives. Then the chaos will be X3! Yikes!