Friday, June 6, 2008

Lesson Learned

After last Tuesday's Body Blast class with Brian (I didn't fully recover until Saturday), I steered clear of the aerobics room this week. That's okay, the treadmill had been missing me during my four week absence so we got reacquainted on Monday and Wednesday. Because I didn't make it into the office until 11am yesterday due to Jameson's checkup, I figured I'd skip the gym. My boss had other ideas and obviously didn't want to go to Body Blast alone. I was pulled, kicking and screaming, out of the of the comfort of my little office into the aerobics room at TAC.

To give you just a hint of how sore I was last week, my legs hurt so badly from the thousands of lunges and squats that I was having a hard time squatting down to the toilet to go tinkle. So here I am at work, having to pee. I go into the ladies room and realize there is no way I'm going to be able to lower my rear to the toilet without some help. So I leaned on the toilet paper holder anchored into the wall for support. Wasn't I surprised when I crashed down to the toilet as the toilet paper holder ripped from the wall. Oops.

So you can only imagine how excited I was about going to class again yesterday. Even though it was with a different instructor I was still very nervous. I didn't want to be sore for four days again! Well, I do have to admit that Peter's class was extremely different than Brian's. In fact, we didn't really work our legs that much. Most of Peter's class concentrates on the arms and abs. Not like I don't need an all-around workout, but I can cover my thighs with jeans or shorts. I'm very self-conscious of my flabby arms. After the class I felt great! I felt refreshed! I felt ready to conquer the world! Okay, maybe that's going a bit too far, but I really enjoyed Peter's class. I felt a little sore, but in a good way. It was more like an obviously-I-did-something-but-I'm-not-ready-to-die sore.

So lesson learned: On Tuesdays, head for the treadmill. On Thursdays, kick some ass in Body Blast class!

1 comment:

Chere said...

The bathroom story is to funny. Are you okay? Did anyone hear the noise and come to see if you were okay? How are your arms today (Sat)? How does baby bean like the class? She may want a nap time. Have a great week-end.