Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Week 14

Not much to share today. Yesterday was a BAD day. I'm still annoyed so don't want to blog about it...yet...because I don't want it to come out the wrong way. All I can say is that it was all work related.

So instead of having a pitty-fest, I thought it would be fun to share what's going on with Baby Bean this week. Some of you haven't had babies yet and for others it's been so long that you've forgotten how much fun baby development can be. When I was pregnant I would read the same chapter of my baby development book every day for that week. I was constantly amazed at how much changed from week to week. Jameson came so close behind Ayden that I wasn't quite as obsessed. Now that it's been over 2 years since I was last pregnant, I'm having fun reading about Bean's development each week.

Oh, one more thing. My perinatologist called this past Friday with our Down Syndrome blood test results. We went from having a 1:500 chance of having DS to a 1:8,436 chance. I'd say those odds are pretty good. I'm good at getting paranoid for nothing:)

Week 14: Shake it baby!

Isn’t it glorious? You and your little buckaroo have roped your way right into trimester numero dos! Are you ready to rock!? Okay, okay… maybe just a little rolling and poking. Needless to say, your baby will definitely be making themselves known in the upcoming weeks. At about 3.5 inches long, their little body and limber limbs are coordinated enough for loads of complicated motions. In fact, their whole body is moving right now! You're not feeling it because their current size is still a bit too small to make an impact you'd recognize. Still, their movements are recognizable on an ultrasound. Speaking of which, you should be scheduling one with your health care provider! Week 16 is the classic date as you can usually determine whether your little one is going to pee standing up or sitting down. Your baby is also starting to develop the ability to move their eyes this week, although the eyelids still remain fused shut. What's more, they can make all sorts of fun facial expressions as they practice squinting, frowning, and grimacing. Cute development of the week: their little hands can grasp at things and they may already be sucking their thumb!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I think I missed when your next ultra sound is so please let me know. Second trimester already! Time is flying by! Think Pink!

Chere said...

Don't you wish you had a mini cam inside where you could watch. Think of the scrap book page of facial expressions. Cool. Of course you would have to go on-line where we could all watch. How many people will the let in the delivery room? Just kidding.