Monday, June 23, 2008

Parenting and Life Balance Quiz

If you are a parent and don't subscribe to Kaboose, I strongly recommend it. Not only do they send great kid friendly recipes, but they also provide fun arts & crafts ideas and valuable parenting advice. Today they sent me a Parenting and Life Balance Quiz. I was hesitant to take this. Did I really need someone else to confirm what I already know??? Of course my life isn't balanced. It pretty much revolves around work and my kids. Jason and I both come last. Isn't this the norm??

Well, I took the quiz and was not exactly surprised at the results....


Your Quiz Results
You Could Use More “Me-Time”

You could use more me time. Get serious about making that time a priority.
“Many parents go about their daily life making sure their children, spouses, parents, friends and neighbors are all taken care of, and they never take a moment for themselves,” says Elizabeth Pantley, president of Better Beginnings, a parent-education company in Kirkland, WA, and author of The No-Cry Discipline Solution: Gentle Ways to Encourage Good Behavior without Whining, Tantrums & Tears (McGraw-Hill). Unfortunately, neglecting your emotional and physical needs can leave you stressed, resentful and at risk of depression and other health problems. “It’s more difficult to take care of your children if you don’t take care of yourself,” adds Pantley. “You can even lose the spark that makes you who you are.”
How you scored - 57%

66% of users are like you
So I need more "me" time, but 66% of all other users could use more "me" time as well. For some reason that makes me feel better:)

3 comments:

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

I get that "me" crap all the time from friends, Lars, etc. I had my kids for very selfish reasons, for ME! Plus, doesn't the drive on the way to and from work count at "me time"?

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Looking forward to some "me time" this Friday night. Woo hoo! A girl's night sleep over - just you and me. Add that to Scrap Club this coming Sunday with three additional Divas, and that'll hold you for a little while. Can't wait for Friday night! Who'd think that a mother and daughter could have so much FUN together. I love you more than you know.

Chere said...

Me Time? With two babies, husband, work, home, dogs, parents and everything else, who has time for Me? I can remember those days. I would look at the clock and think "45 more mins. until bedtime". Yes, I would count the minutes. It does get better and in a blink of an eye they are grown. Cherish every monment. You will have plenty of Me Time one day.