Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Around The House

That last post made me do to much self-evaluating. Now I need some fluff...sort of like when you need something sweet to eat after dinner. Since I can't keep my hands off my new camera, I started snapping pictures of random things throughout the house...but they all have meaning to me.

1. It's just a cheap lamp from Target (my mom has one too) but it gives off such a nice light by the desk. Love the reed diffuser that I got for Christmas too! Oh, and those are little foam paint brushes sitting in the metal bucket. I found the bucket in the $1 bins at Target. What a score!2. In my opinion (which really doesn't mean squat) Pine-Sol is the best cleanser for floors. I LOVE the way it smells. And I only like the lemon scent. I look forward to washing my floors every weekend...thanks Clorox Company for making such a motivating product!

3. We have gone through about 4 vaporizers in Jameson's room during his short 2 years of life. We run one in both of the boys rooms whenever they're sleeping. Ayden has only been through 2...in 4 years. What's the deal?

4. I love my Wal-Mart shopping fund....even though I don't shop at Wal-Mart. I'm a Target girl. Erin bought this for me when I moved from Wisconsin. It sits in our bedroom and I think of her every time I look at it.

5. Inspired by Ali Edwards. I love my little butterfly picture that is proudly hanging in our bathroom. I plan on making a larger version with a new frame I recently bought but haven't gotten around to it yet. Butterfly punch by Martha Stewart.

6. I'm a candle freak. They're in every room in our house. I never get to light these candles though because there always seems to be a ton of clutter on our dresser...unmatched socks, confiscated stuffed animals when Ayden is misbehaving, lost sippy cups, folded clothes...you name it! I cleaned this weekend though so finally got to light these babies up!

7. I think I've posted this "Family" sign before, but I love it! It sits on our buffet, next to the window looking out to the backyard. I love gazing over here at night when the candle is lit. It seems so peaceful to me.

8. This is a flower that was included with my "She" album track at CKU-Chicago...just a little gimme. It looked so cheerful to me but I didn't know what to do with a single flower. So I put in in with my scissors and journaling pens. I think it adds a little something.

9. Jason was so ticked when I came home from an art festival with this frog. He couldn't believe that I had actually spent money on an old ceiling tile that someone had painted on. Since I'm a little slow at times, I didn't want to admit to him that I hadn't noticed it WAS a ceiling tile until he pointed it out. I don't care, it's really cute in Jameson's room and that's all that matters.

No comments: