Friday, March 28, 2008

There are babies EVERYWHERE!

I'm in so much trouble. Chanta brought her 15 month old son, Taylor, into in the office today. He has these beautiful brown eyes that just say "pick me up and snuggle with me". People were actually getting mad at me during the staff meeting because I wouldn't give him up. I could hear the voice...the one inside of my head telling me to have just ONE more baby! I had to escape so I made a quick exit through Executive. Big mistake. Nikki brought in her in her 10 month old son, AJ. He has those super chubby cheeks like Ayden had. He kept snuggling into me and then would look at his mom and give her a big smile. He had that fantastic baby smell. I could sniff him all day!

This is not a good day for me to be here. Now is not the time to be adding to our family. I need to get the thoughts of babies out of my head. I keep smelling baby powder!! Maybe if I talk about my insane family, the itch will go away...you think? I'll give it a try...

Ayden's mollescum is healing up nicely. We're down to minimal scabs but his skin is still really red. I haven't seen any new bumps on his body so maybe this will be his only treatment. He's been really enjoying the warmer weather. Lots of outside play time means a tired little boy for me at night. Bedtime has not been an issue all week. Ayden is dressing himself in the morning and he's getting really good at it. We still struggle with the shirt, but he's working on it.

Jameson has been doing really well. He too loves being outside. Last night I caught him outside on the deck in his PJ's. Now that he knows how to open and close the screen door I have to watch him more closely. He's still sneaking into our bed during the night, but I'm not doing much to stop it. I don't think Jameson is in any hurry to grow up. He still loves being a baby and I don't want to take that away from him.

Jason has been working some really crazy hours lately and it doesn't sound like it's going to let up any time soon. He pretty much told me yesterday that we won't see him until next Sunday. I don't know how he does it! I have no idea what time he got home last night, but I rolled over around 1:30 and he was in bed. He got up this morning right as the boys and I were walking out the door so I had them turn around and say bye to daddy. I hate that he misses so much time with them, but I'm doing my best to be supportive. I know he'd rather be home with us so instead of complaining, I just make the most of our time together. Jason is also the proud owner of a 4wheeler. It stays at the shop with his boss's toys since we don't have room for it at our house.

As for me, I'm happy to say that I've been medication free for 10 days. My rheumatologist thinks it's the hydroxychloroquin that has been causing my blurred vision. I'm taking a break for 2 weeks to see if he's right. After that...who knows. They'll do blood work to see what's going on inside. I'll either stay medication free or they'll put me on something else. I have to admit that I'm a bit worried. I've been taking medication for my Lupus for 5 years and it's scary to be off of everything. I'm still dedicated to going to the gym 4 days a week and it's definitely become something that I look forward to. My entire body aches from the elliptical yesterday, but I'm still going to tackle the weight machines today. It's a good hurt...it means I'm doing something! Work is hectic right now with month-end and our big audit in April. I'm also about to move into my new office space the first Friday in May. It's pretty exciting! It's going to be nice looking out onto Centennial Olympic Park instead of the street.

We had a nice week. The weather was beautiful. Every night the boys would play outside while I made dinner. You know my life has taken a different direction when I say that the best part of my day is preparing dinner while I watch my boys play in the backyard. My mom came over every night for dinner and we actually ate on the deck two nights. I love that she comes over. It's not easy having daddy gone so it not only helps me out, but gives the boys some extra attention. Tonight we have to run to Target after work so I'll probably cave and get the boys a Happy Meal.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Besides having to take Clyde to the vet tomorrow for an anal gland check up, we have nothing going on. I promised Ayden lots of play dough time and we have some arts and crafts projects to do. If the rain holds up, we'll probably convince Mimi & Bumpa to give us a golf cart ride.

Oh...one more cute thing. Last night sand just poured out of Ayden's shoes when he took them off at the back door. After they boys had their bath I decided to vacuum up the sand. Both of the boys ran to their rooms and got out their vacuum cleaners. So there were the three of us...vacuuming in our PJ's. Ayden turned to me and said, "Mommy. We hard workin' men". Too cute! That's what we call daddy...a hard workin' man. I love our moments like that. I love that my boys bring so much meaning to my life. Which leads me back to the beginning of this post. I need another baby. All I have to do is convince Jason:) In the mean time, I'm staying away from the second floor where all the baby cuteness is today!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to pour sand out of Zack's shoes! Yesterday he came in from playing outside and the only thing that could of come out of his rain boots was wet muck. The snow is slowly melting and he LOVES shoveling snow/grass, whatever it may be. Spring is here in WI, but bring on Summer! Camping season, smores and the Payne's visiting WI!! :-)

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Another baby? Bring it on! Ayden told me he wants a baby sister. Think pink!

Chere said...

You are made for "birthing babies". You look so beautiful when you are PG and you also have the most beautiful babies. I will think pink this time but I love little boys. They are so much fun and love their Mommies.