Monday, March 17, 2008

Tornados, Easter and Maternity Clothes

As I'm sitting here in my office, I can hear the construction/clean up crews both inside the Chamber and outside on the streets. I'm still in denial that an actual tornado blew though the city of Atlanta. I have truly come to love this city in the three years that we've been living here and am so proud of everything that the Chamber does to make it an even better place to live, work and visit. It was hard for me to see the devestation as I drove in this morning. But even though there is still so much damage and debris, it warms my heart to see the the people of Atlanta join together to repair their city and make it great again. I took some time this morning to walk around outside and take some pictures. It's amazing how much progress was made in just two days. Here are a few pictures taken by my co-worker the night of the storm.



While Atlanta was dealing with some of the worse weather it's ever seen, just 20 miles south we only suffered through some thunder storms. By Saturday evening, the worst was over and we were left with beautiful blue skies. Yesterday was sunny with highs in the low 70's. Later in the afternoon, we had Mimi and Bumpa over to color Eater eggs. Ayden had little patience for his eggs to turn color and Jameson just wanted to bounce his egg around...producing nice orange puddles on his paper towel. They had fun though and that's all that really mattered. Not wanting to participate in the festivities, Jason and Bumpa played XBox.

As the boys were napping yesterday, I decided to do some shopping and use up some gift cards from Christmas and my birthday. I have to say that I really like the latest clothing trends. Everything looks like maternity clothes! I love that clothing is actually covering our bodies again!! I ended up with a dress, 3 pairs of pants and 6 shirts. Even though I told myself I was only going to buy stuff for work, I ended up with 3 casual shirts that could be worn on the weekends as well as "Casual Fridays" at work. Have you also noticed that they're coming back with a lot of retro patterns? Jason was making fun of my "70's" style shirts but I love it! I don't mind bright, fresh and funky. I wear a lot of "blah" at home because it's only going to get covered with boogers, slime, dirt and/or food...you name it, I've got it on me.
It's going to be a crazy week. Tomorrow after work we have an Easter egg hunt at Marguerite's. Wednesday afternoon Ayden has a dermatologist appointment for the bumps on his belly and then we head to Judy Nails. Thursday is Ayden's egg hunt at school and that night I have dinner with the divas at Thai Spice. Friday I have the day off....yahooie!!!
I have tons of pictures to share so I'll work on getting them downloaded and edited tonight. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Times change...

Clothes that cover your body are a sure sign that you are NOT shopping in the junior department. I still see young girls wearing hoochie-mama apparel. It seems they are under the assumption that clothing is optional. Ask any male and they'll agree that a little imagination is preferable to baring it all. OK...I might be asking the wrong male. Anyway, I LOVE your new clothes! They are cute!