Monday, March 3, 2008

I'm 31!

My birthday started out a little rocky. I had to drop the Expedition off at the dealership Friday night for some minor service. The breaks had just started squeaking so we assumed I only needed front break pads. Well, Mickey called me Saturday morning to tell me the bad news...I needed new rear rotors and both front and back break pads. Yuck! Since I hadn't expected to drop $550 on my "minor" break job, I told Jason that was going to be my birthday present. I figured it was worth it though since my family's safety comes first.

Saturday night my parents came over to watch the boys while Jason and I went out for dinner. We had a Red Lobster gift card from Uncle Buck that had been burning a hole in my pocket since Christmas but we had wanted to save it for something special. On the way there, Jason mentioned my birthday the next day so I was officially on cloud nine. He remembered! After 3 years of forgetting...he remembered! Not only did he remember, but he also got me a card. He wrote "Happy 31st birthday bunny! Not another year older, but another year more beautiful". Awwwww!

Sunday morning I got up nice and early to get ready for Scrap Club. I had to run over to the grocery store to by the ingredients for lasagna so I decided to call mom and wake her up. As I'm wandering the produce section she informs me that she has posted my surprise gift on her blog! So there's an actual picture of my gift out there and I'm stuck at Publix! I raced home and actually found myself torn...should I look or should I wait??? I'm horrible with surprises so I HAD to check it out! OMG!!!! She bought me a Nikon D40...I think I'm still in shock. It should be delivered this week and I can't wait to get my hot little hands on it. I got soooo many wonderful presents for my birthday. My dad and MJ bought me 2 yummy Yankee Candles and a Kohls gift card (I'm still desperately in need of work clothes). Jason bought me some much needed 80's music. My good friend Judy gave a wonderful cookbook, Easter towel and purple Williams Sonoma spatula. Pam baked me a beautiful birthday cake. She makes wedding cakes on the side so this thing is a work of art! It was such a fun day filled with friends, family, good food and scrapping!

Thanks so much to everyone who called to wish me a happy birthday!

I'll download pictures tonight and post the weekend recap. I spent a couple of hours outside with the boys on Saturday and got some fun shots of them playing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, Did my card not make it there? I hope so, if not maybe today.