Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lunch Break

The CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) Exam is in April and I've barely begun studying. In fact, I'm only on chapter 2...out of 15 chapters. Not good. But I've been busy at work...busy at home...just plain busy! I expressed my increasing anxiety over my lack of study time to my boss yesterday and she insisted that I close my door and do nothing but study the rest of the this week and all of next week. Easier said than done, but today I put a note on my door that reads "Studying for the CPP Exam. If you need me, please knock", closed my door and have been hitting the books ever since.

I feel so guilty! I feel like I'm not doing my job!! My very supportive boss who I adore immensely told me that I am doing my job and that by passing the CPP Exam I'm bettering our organization by providing them with a Certified Payroll Professional. Sniff...sniff...sniff. Isn't she great?

So right now I'm taking a mental break, eating my lunch and gearing up to finish chapter 2 before I leave for the day. If I keep up with this pace, I'll finish the book by the end of next week. I'm so nervous I could puke.

No comments: