Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good vs Evil


Evil: The dreaded elliptical trainer. It looks scary and people are sweaty messes when they get off the thing. I've been avoiding it like the plague, but the treadmill just isn't doing it for me anymore. I needed something different so I decided to take the plunge today. Big mistake. My legs are burning...and are pulsating...I don't dare try to walk.

It really wasn't too bad at first. Then I noticed this girl 2 machines down from mine. She was doing something different than me...about 5 minutes forward and then 5 minutes backward. I didn't even know you could go in reverse! How hard could it be??? I was already huffing and puffing so why not give it a try? BIG MISTAKE. Reverse hurts even more. I didn't want to give up so I did my 30 minutes and then crawled my way back to the locker room.

The only upside is that when I walk on the treadmill, it takes me 30 minutes to walk 2 miles. On the elliptical trainer, I can get in 3 miles during the 30 minutes. It also works my thighs instead of my calves. The thighs need much more work. I still think it's an evil machine though.

Thank goodness tomorrow is weight machine day...I don't think I have it in me to do 2 days of the elliptical!


Good: The girls are back! I finally got to watch the 1 hour Hills episode from Monday last night. I figured out why I love that show so much. It's a about a bunch of girls having fun, pursuing their dreams. Not to mention the drama...gotta love the drama.

2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

You don't heave enough drama in your life? Of course you do! You're the mother of boys. The girls from The Hills have NOTHING on you!

Chere said...

Marlee loves the Hill. It took me a little while to get what was going on. I got it though. We have one of those evil machines in our basement. It is EVIL.