Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday Bliss

It's 2:15 on Saturday. I have two loads of laundry that need to be folded, one in the wash, one in the dryer and about 6 more that are waiting for the washing machine. The dishwasher needs to be unloaded and reloaded. Both of the bathrooms need to be scrubbed before the monsters in the toilets start talking back to me. The yellow pollen is collecting on the furniture faster than I can dust it off. Yes, Wisconsinites, that means that it's a beautiful 78 degrees today and ALL of my windows are open to the spring breeze.

And as I look around the house thinking of the numerous things on my to do list, all I can think about is how totally and completely happy I am. Our life may be hectic but who doesn't have a hectic life? At the end of the day, Jason and I both have wonderful jobs, two beautiful children, a house that is filled with love and laughter...how could I not be happy.

Now I'm going to make myself even more happy and take advantage of the few precious moments that I have left while my angels sleep. I'm going to go tackle those monsters in the toilet!

Happy Saturday everyone!

2 comments:

Chere said...

Can I come live with you? You house does sound like a happy house. I love keeping up with those two little angels and your big angel. When I was on the cruise last week. My friend and I were talking about how you have to kiss alot of frogs befor you find your prince. She said and sometime your prince is a toad. So true but we love them any way. Have a wonderful week-end and see you next week.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

You are a remarkable mother and Jason is a loving father. I know it isn't easy partenting alone while Jason works, but in the end you have two amazing little boys to love. I enjoy the benefit of your home-made meals, but more importantly I get to see the boys on a regular basis. Gosh I love them to death! Thank you for being the daughter you are. I don't know what I would do without you.