Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It Must Be A Boy Thing

Last night I was folding a load of laundry in the living room while the boys were in Ayden's room watching Scooby Doo before bedtime. Jason was on his way home from Alabama...again...and wasn't due home until 10. Ayden needed to use the bathroom (#2, not #1) and was annoyed that Jameson kept coming in...interrupting his business. I got Jameson settled in Ayden's room again with a sippy, his Curious George friend (Chere got this for Ayden's 2nd birthday but Jameson has staked claim on it) and Scooby Doo on the TV. All was calm in the Payne house.

After finishing up my load of laundry, I realized that I too needed to drop the kids off at the pool. Ayden was still grunting away in his bathroom so I told him to call for me when he was done. NOTE: Ayden still has a hard time wiping, so I always follow up with a baby wipe to make sure he's nice and clean. As I was in my bathroom, I started to hear some banging around in by Ayden. Since our bathrooms are side by side, I called out and asked if everything was okay. There was immediate silence and a polite response from Ayden that he wasn't done yet. This happened about 3 more times before Ayden finally called out that he was done. Since I wasn't, I told Ayden to grab the baby wipe I had left on the counter and come in by me. Again, situation taken care of. I'm feeling like a pretty good multi-tasker at this point.

I finished up what I was doing and checked to make sure that Ayden had flushed the toilet after he was done. Nothing like finding floaters in the toilet first thing in the morning...trust me I know! I found Ayden standing in the hallway outside his bathroom with an "I'm so busted" look on his face. I turned on the bathroom light and my jaw just dropped. There was poop all over the toilet seat, on the counter and scrapped off on the trash can. Gross! After further inspection I saw it all over Ayden's hands. While scrubbing Ayden's hands, I drilled him to find out what had happened. He told me that his poo-poo got stuck to his butt and wouldn't come off. He was only trying to get it to go in the toilet. OMG! So my darling, almost-4-year-old, was in his bathroom grabbing the poop off his butt with his hands.

NOTE TO SELF: Learn from this. When potty training Jameson be sure to lecture him on the downfalls of removing poo poo from his but with his hands. Hopefully this will never happen again.

The light at the end of the tunnel? My mom just realized that she doesn't use the zoom lens that originally came with her Nikon D200 (she bought a spiffier one). Since lenses are interchangeable with all Nikon SLR cameras she's donating her zoom lens to me to use with my D40! The lens that came with my camera has very limited zooming capabilities so this makes me very excited! Once I have that sweet baby in my possession, the poop drama will become a distant memory.

BTW - I'm on my 8th Girl Scout cookie so far..this is not going to be a low-cal day.

OMT - The wind is totally crazy in the good ol' ATL right now thanks to the storms that are on their way. They've blocked off all the sidewalks and streets surrounding the Chamber because of the glass blowing around. They're also worried it's going to blow off the buildings. I appreciate all of their efforts to make sure I don't end up like a pin cushion, but how in the heck do they propose I'm going to get out of here now?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now that I've wiped the tears out of my eyes from laughing so hard I guess the only thing I have got to say is: BETTER YOU THAN ME!!!! LOL

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

NOTE: I originally put this comment under the Tornado posting. Duh!

OMG! Thankfully, the story about Ayden never happened with you. Poor little guy. I guess we all have days when it doesn't come out right. Mothers of boys should be declared saints. I'm eternally grateful that my only child was a perfect little girl. Unless of course I recall the not-so-pleasant experience when you wanted to play mommie and got into my stash of cosmetics. Okay...even THAT was better than cleaning up poop! This gives you LOTS of practice for the days when I am old and feeble and you will be changing MY diapers. Ha!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Isn't Debbie watching the boys for a week while Marguerite is on vacation? Maybe Ayden will give her a repeat performance. Ha!

Chere said...

Hey! What do you (Debra) mean training for you. What about when we retire at Camp Rector? She is in charge of all of us. You are correct. Marlee was such a little Angle. We went to Rich's and bought panties. I just talked to her about it. You have to use the Potty now or your pants will get wet. She did it. Of course little princesses would never touch anything as gross as poop! But Jamie, I am the mother of a wonderful Son and it would take to long to tell about his potty tricks.

Chere said...

Oh Jamie, Please tell me the nails on his hands were clean. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. Where is Daddy when you need him? Ha!